Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bujang and the osteopath

Bujang was not certain at all if he liked being at Biopolis. The new space frightened him for a bit. 
                   But later on he felt quite ok and became curious about everything. 
We came earlier as we had to register him. Then I brought him to the back garden where it was cooler. 
By the time Adrian came to see him he was a little relaxed. I must say that he behaved very well indeed and did not even snarl at Adrian. It transpired that his spine was actually quite stressed and that was why he didn't like anyone touching his back. Adrian said later in life, he might have spinal arthritis but we would try to make sure that we do everything we can to help him out. After some more gentle manipulations and discussions with me about his life and what had happened to him, Adrian said he might have had some trauma earlier that had resulted in the stressed spine. I could not ignore this as he might have experienced some discomfort before when I sent him for grooming and he is a fierce cat so the groomers might have had to restrain him in a way. I do not know for sure if this had happend but I had not sent him for any more grooming sessions after the last one where his groomer had clipped his nail quick and had allowed it to bleed without telling me. That was many years ago. 

Anyway Adrian said that he would have to have further spinal help and I should bring him back in two weeks. For today, I should not bring him out nor allow others to overly stimulate him. He was to rest and sleep although if he wanted to play, I should let him. But whatever it is, it should be Bujang who had to make the choices. 

                                   
   An hour after we got back, Bujang made his choice to sit here, away from everyone and everything. 
                    
                                        The doctor told me to rest san. 
                                                              ...zzz...



2 comments:

  1. Poor Bujang! You do look quite worried in that first shot. But it sounds like with Adrian's help, San was able to figure out some things, and we're sure your back is going to feel a lot better very soon!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope you get plenty of rest, Bujang. We also want you to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete