Thursday, November 16, 2006

Decisions


This morning as I was going to work, I was asked to make some decisions regarding Screaming Banshee. Someone in my block asked me for help to capture her (he told me that SB was female)so that he could help relocate her - at the end of PR where the army camp would be or to place where there are fishermen so she would not be hungry.
It seems that SB has been defecating in the carpark for some time. I asked him if he was sure it was SB and he said he had seen her doing it several times. I do not think he would lie about it as he seems a nice man and we have spoken to each other about the Wild Bunch. He also knows the old aunty who feeds the cats. He warned me that the NEA poeple are keeping watch over the area. I told him that as long as I clean up after the cats after I had fed them, then there was nothing they could do unless someone complained that the Wild Bunch are a nuisance, which they are not.
He says the NEA has been calling around for some time to catch SB and he did not want her to get caught. I also told him that if they catch her, there would be only ONE result. He also told me that he has been calling the TC so they would send someone to wash out the spot. AIYOH! He did not seem to realise cause and effect also. But possibly he has a good heart as he told me about her and did not try to help the NEA to catch her. He also said SB was fierce and tried to scratch him when he tried to catch her. I told him that that was because she did not recognise him and she was only protecting herself. He admitted that this was true. Thank goodness!
I told him that I had also seen defecation but I thought it more likely to be human and or dogs (looking at the size of the stools). But what can I say after he told me that he had witnessed SB doing it? It is true that I had never seen SB doing it on the grass unlike FatBoy, Little Calico and the Calico mom. I just thought possibly she was scared of going outside as she is not exactly the best looker among the Wild Bunch.
I told him I would get her to the vet and to neuter her as well as get her some help with the mites first. I did not say that I would help him get her but probably relocation would be the best thing in this case, especially to a place that is not so confined and SB would be able to take care of herself as she is a fiery cat, although small. I think she would be better at protecting herself than any of the Wild Bunch.
Of course there would be a vacuum once she leaves. I do not know what I would do about that.
One step at a time.
Aiyoh! Decisions!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know Mary. I don't think he knows either. It just the place he thinks would be more suited for Screaming Banshee. he told me that the place at the port has some fisherman and she should be bale to get some food for herself.

    Also I donot know where SB goes to the the day. She only comes out at night when I feed the Wild Bunch.

    DAwn says its unlikely the NEA would trap her and its prob the Town Council. :(

    I feel kind of sad for Screaming Banshee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are cats though. I do not know if there are feeders there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually any of the community cats is in this kind of potential danger, just that it is SB being targeted this time. I find it strange that she would defecate at the carpark, when there is garden around. Maybe don't make any rash decision first, just sit it out. And of course get SB neutered if you can. Things may be clearer in a few days time.

    ReplyDelete