It all started with a nail clipping session which should be simple but as it was Manju, it became a whole episode. Tsk! Tsk! San asked Chris to persuade me to help Manju out as I am the Boss cat. I told San that I was not cut out to be a his mother but I would try to explain matters to him for treats. San told me I should be a mentor to him as he is only 4. Tsk! I said, ‘No Promises San. I will see what I can do.’
My brother Manju did not have a good Thursday because of a small nail problem. Well, if he was smarter it would have been no problem. San had to send him to the vet for nail clipping as his nails were dangerously curved. She had spent many months trying to cut his nails but two nails at a time was not going to help. So she gave him his gaba as the vet had advised and thought that he would be calm enough for this trip but as soon as the nurse opened his carrier he screamed his loudest. The vet had to sedate him as there was no other way.
Here you can see him at home after the ordeal. He did not want to talk about it so I left him alone and told san that he did not have a good life when he was in the other place. There were many humans and cats who didn’t like him and they were not nice. San was anxious but allowed him to be by himself the rest of the day. He ate a little snack at night so I thought he would be ok.
Then later that night he slept at his usual place and San tried not to move her feet so he could rest. In the morning he seemed his usual self.
And then he spent the whole morning looking at delivery men and birds outside. San was relieved to see him behave normally but she looked up groomers who would come to the house to help him out a bit. I told san that that would be the way to go. San gave me a whole month to persuade him that nail clipping is a simple job and doesn’t hurt. We will see. Also I reminded San that treats will have to be worth it.
For some cats, claw-trimming can be quite an ordeal; Manju isn't alone. But having it done in his home may help him a lot.
ReplyDelete