Monday, December 26, 2005

NO TUNA for my cats! Oh nooo!

It seems tuna depletes cats of Vitamin E and they can get pain in their muscles and joints! Oh my god! I just read this at a cat site. My cats have been eating canned tuna for ages. Its the only thing they will eat. That's right! Tuna Addiction. I wonder how many other cats are eating tuna merrily and showing no complications nor pain. Its the oil in the tuna it seems. The recommendation is human grade tuna is okay for about 2 weeks. Its not okay for my Tux as when I gave it to him, his mouth was very dry and red. I noticed that after I gave him human-grade tuna in water for about 2 days. Tuna being top in the food chain, may also get more toxins from other fish and it has more salt. Salt translates to stones in the bladder. Hmmm. I also read that it also not okay to feed my cat with "Light" or "Lite" dry feed as it makes their stool hard. Maybe that is why the Tux drinks more water these days and yes the stools are hard and my calico also has the same problems (worse when she is not a drinker at all) The perils of dieting!! My god! What is safe for the cats now?

No comments:

Post a Comment