Saturday, February 02, 2013

Megat at the Vet

I brought Megat to the vet this morning as he had a little constipation. Also I was worried about his coughing as he has asthma and lately he has been coughing more often than before. He had an X-ray to see the state of his chest as well as his intestines and also some bloodwork.

We were glad to see that after the lactulose that I had given him (1.5 ml twice a day as the vet had ordered) his poo is not hardened and from the X-ray the vet feels that he should be able to poo easily so there was no need for the enema. I was to give him 250 ml in Sub Q fluids everyday as he was a little dehydrated which could also contribute to constipation (Megat would not like that!). Also I was to up the frequency of his lactulose until he poos normally again. He was also given some liquid ventolin to help him with his airways.

All in all it was a good result. There was just a small concern in that there was a small white dot in his chest as shown in his Xray. The vet didn't know what it was but for sure we both thought that we could just monitor that and not subject him to anything invasive as he is 17 already.








3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:40 PM

    what is amylase and TP? get well soon Megat, u r so brave. cat aunty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look happy to be home in that last photo, Megat. I went to the vet too yesterday, for my annual shots and exam, and I feel quite exhausted. I hope your "transit" issue is gone vry soon!
    e
    Purrs,
    Tama-Chan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that the result was mostly good and hope all will be well really soon. HUgs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete